Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Full...

Of thanks, that is.  Pretty thankful for this guy.

I feel so blessed to be Joe's Mama.  He is crazy, so smart, funny, active, passionate (ok maybe a little dramatic sometimes), wonderfully curious and inquisitive, he loves his daddy, and he's pretty darn cute in my opinion!  
Luke and I would LOVE to have more kids but at this point we don't know if that is what God has planned for us and honestly...I'm cool with that.  I wasn't cool for a while.  I wanted to know God's plan.   But now I realize that I'm glad I don't know His plan...relieved.  I've learned that I don't need to know.  All I need to do is trust God.  I need to trust that He knows what He's doing and it will always be out of love for our family.  Easier said than done, I know.  But I've also learned that I have a choice.  Every minute of every hour of every day I have a choice.  Am I gonna choose to be happy and content and at peace and trust God or am I gonna choose to whine and complain and make myself miserable?  For a long time I thought that God was making me miserable because He wasn't giving me what I wanted.  Now I know that I was choosing to be miserable and dwell in "Pity City" and I wanted everyone else to feel sorry for me.  How selfish is that?
Now I want people to know that I love my life and I love my family!  I wouldn't change anything about the past few years because I know it has changed me for the better.  I'm so thankful to God for  quietly staying with me even when I've been angry at Him.  When I look at the big picture I can totally see His influence in every decision we've made.
Let me finish by saying I am so totally NOT perfect!  I don't have life figured out but I do know that I can be happy without knowing how things will end.  I can choose to be content without knowing what God is up to.
Thank you, Lord, for beginning a good work in me.  I know You will be faithful to complete it.
And thank you, Lord, for Joe.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment